Stirling Council Archive Service
Everyone can use the Archive; it’s free to visit, and there is no need to make an appointment! Whether you’re researching your family tree, your house, or your local area, helpful, friendly staff are always on hand to assist and advise.
Monday – Thursday 9.30-12.30, 1.30-4.30
Friday – closed to the public, but open to groups by appointment
We hold records of: Stirling Council, Royal Burgh of Stirling and other burghs in the Stirling Council area, Stirling County, West Perthshire, schools, churches (Stirling and Dunblane Presbyteries), local estates and businesses, maps and plans, poor relief, valuation rolls, clubs and societies, local newspapers and photographs….
This is just a selection of our holdings, please get in touch for more details!
Services and Facilities:
- Remote research service – free 30 minutes of research available to all
- Paid research service – available for more in-depth enquiries
- Talks, exhibitions, classes and workshops
- Disabled access
- Free parking
- Volunteering opportunities
- Free wifi and access to digitised kirk session records for the whole country
- Location close to Springkerse Park & Ride bus route
5 Borrowmeadow Road
Telephone: 01786 450745
All words and images on this blog remain the copyright of Stirling Council Archive unless otherwise stated.